In this article, we’re going to show you our top 10 Best Glock 19X Sights for 2023 and tell you what we think of each one and how we rank them.
With the introduction of the Glock 19X in 2018 we finally got some decent metal sight options that work well after dark and aren’t made of cheap plastic with an odd rear sight picture. I’m still not sure if these night sights are an optional upgrade since a vast majority I see for sale are pictured with metal night sights.
Most seem to ship with Glock-branded night sights but some have reported that their 19X had Ameriglo or Meprolight, depending on supply chain issues.
If for whatever reason you’re not particularly happy with the sights you got, or you got stuck with the plastic junk, we feel there are even better options out there that provide a superior front and rear sight picture.
This article will show you our top recommendations for Glock 19X sights in the following categories:
Day/Night Sight: These sights work well during the day and even at night and provide excellent sight pictures no matter the light conditions.
Hybrid Sights: These sights add a combination of night sights with glow rings or fiber optic rods to enhance daytime shooting and give you the best of both worlds
Fiber Optic Sights: These sights excel in daylight and are best for competition but are not ideal in dark environments with no ambient light. They may not be the best option for your self-defense carry.
Best Glock 19X Sights
Throughout the years, I have had the opportunity to shoot my various Glocks equipped with an array of different sights including the stock plastic junk, metal, big dots, fiber optic, tritium, suppressor height, blacked-out, and some “gimmicky” stuff.
In addition, I’ve had conversations with numerous friends, family, reps at industry events, and different shooting ranges regarding their sight preferences and the rationale behind their choices.
From my experience, I can confidently say that there is a suitable time and place for nearly every type of Glock sight available on the market.
Although having a diverse range of options is beneficial, it can be challenging to determine which set of sights is the best fit. Before I make any recommendations on any Glock sights, I assess them based on the following criteria:
- Clarity: This refers to the clarity of the sight picture, meaning how well the shooter can see the front sight, rear sight, and target in focus. A clear sight picture is essential for accurate shooting.
- Ease of acquisition: This pertains to how quickly and easily the shooter can acquire the sights onto the target. The faster a shooter can align their sights and get on target, the better their chances are of hitting their intended target.
- Durability: This is about how well the sights can withstand repeated use, recoil, and environmental factors. A reliable sight that maintains its accuracy after prolonged use is critical for consistent performance.
- Compatibility: This relates to how well the sights can fit onto different Glock models, and whether they require any modifications to the firearm to install. Compatibility is essential for ease of installation and use.
- Cost: This pertains to the price of the sights, and whether they offer good value for money. While quality sights can be expensive, they are an investment in accuracy and performance, so it’s essential to consider their long-term benefits before making a purchase.
Glock 19X Day Night Sights
This list includes the top 5 most recommended Day/Night sights for the Glock 19X. A couple of these may be similar to what comes on the 19X from the factory and may share similar performance but the rest feature unique features like focus rings and larger front dots that make picking up the target much faster.
#1 XS Sight Systems DXT2 Big Dot Glock Night Sights
The XS Sight Systems XS DXT2 is one of the most unique iron sights on this list with a big Tritium front dot and a v-notch rear sight that makes aiming quick and natural.
- Gain a glowing point of aim to boost your precision and target acquisition speed by installing this XS Sight Systems XS DXT2 Big Dot Night Sight
- Big Dot - Remains visible under stress when the focus is drawn downrange. Outside diameter 0.188"
- Front Sight - High-contrast color designed for maximum visibility in bright to low light
- Glow Dot - Convex photoluminescent dot absorbs ambient light and glows in low light levels
- Tritium Powered Front & Rear Sight - Beta emitting lamps glow in low light to aid in sight alignment
- V-Notch Rear - Low-profile V provides greater visibility of objects downrange of the front sight
- Dot-the-"i" Sight Picture - Straight line sight picture with differentiated front and rear sight prevents shooters from confusing the front and rear sight
- Rear Sight White Outline - Aids in rear sight identification for proper sight alignment
- Rear Sight Ledge - Aids in one-handed slide manipulations
- 10-Year Warranty - No Questions Asked night sight warranty
- Fits in common holsters
If you can’t find the front sight quickly with this giant dot, I’m afraid you might be going blind!
All jokes aside, this is one of our favorite night sights due to how easy it is to see in low-light conditions. If you like V-notch sights, this is the best one to get!
#2 Trijicon Bright & Tough Glock Night Sights
Trijicon is a staple in the night sights market with this excellent offering at a very affordable price.
- WHITE RINGS: Bright & Tough Night Sights feature a white ring around the glowing dots for daylight visibility
- TRITIUM-PHOSPHOR LAMP: Tritium-filled glass lamp provides superior illumination in no-light or low-light settings
- SAPPHIRE WINDOW: Each Trijicon tritium lamp is capped with a sapphire jewel which helps to evenly distribute the light from the tritium lamp as well as protect it from solvents and puncture
- PROTECTIVE ALUMINUM CYLINDERS: Contains and protects the tritium gas-filled lamps from heavy recoil and harsh cleaning solvents
- Fits Glock Models: 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38 & 39. Housed in a metal body & cushioned within silicone rubber feature a unique shock-resistant design
This day/night sight may be similar to the stock 19X Glock Night Sights but with these, you have the option of choosing between several focus ring colors if you’re having trouble lining up the white dots during the day.
The Tritium on these Trijicon sights is fantastic, charges quickly, holds a charge all night, and glows brightly in low-light conditions. There are several rear sight configurations and dot colors to choose from to suit your taste.
#3 Glock Green Dot Steel Night Sight Set
If your Glock 19X didn’t come with Glock Factory Night Sights and you want the original OG Glock sights, then pick up a set of these 3-dot metal night sights and call it a day.
- For reliable target acquisition at night, you need a Glock G19 Green Dot Steel Night Sight Set. These Pistol Parts by Glock eliminate the need for batteries or light exposure to charge the tritium.
- The Glock G19 Green Dot Steel Rear Night Sight Set is made from steel for extreme ruggedness, able to withstand the rigors of use and abuse.
- Equipping these sights gives you a reliable aiming point even in low light conditions, making these sights incredibly useful.
- This Glock G19 Tritium Night Sight Set w/ Steel Pillars will bring a welcome sighting experience to your firearm, ensuring you get the best shooting experience possible.
They should perform like most Tritium night sight would and are new old stock so they may show some signs of finish wear. I think it gives them a cool weathered look!
#4 XS Sights 3-Dot Tritium Night Sights For Glock
These XS 3-dot tritium night sights are definitely the value winners on this list!
- Fits Glock 17, 19, 22-24, 26, 27, 31-36, 38, 45 Generations 1-5; Including Mos Models
- XS 3-Dot Tritium Set With Orange Photoluminescent Glow Dot. Self-Illuminated Tritium Glows 24/7 Providing A Bright, Battery Free, Low Light Visible Sight Picture
- Photoluminescent Glow Dot Provides High Contrast Visibility In Bright Light, Absorbs Ambient Light, And Glows With The Self-Illuminated Tritium
- Blacked-Out Rear Sight Drives Focus To The Front Sight. The rear Sight Ledge Allows For One-Handed Slide Manipulations
- Steel Sights, Made In The USA. Glock Front Sight Tool Is Not Included
Sporting an excellent large orange focus ring on the front sight with a tritium insert and smaller tritium rear dots, this combination makes for a great sight picture for both day and night visibility.
If you’re looking for an upgraded sight picture and want all of the advantages a day/night sight brings without breaking the bank, these should do the trick.
#5 Night Fision Perfect Dot Tritium Glock Night Sights
This Brownells exclusive night sight set helps bring your focus to the big orange focus ring on the front sight during the day and glows brightly during the night.
- The Perfect Dot provides maximum visibility in both nighttime AND daylight conditions, so when the pressure is on, you’ll locate your sights more quickly and get them on target - fast.
- A new mounting system holds the Tritium vial more securely to protect it from the ravages of unexpected knocks and dings.
- Front sight is brighter than rear, encouraging instinctive "Front Sight Focus" to keep your eyes on the target
- Rugged machined 4140 steel housings
- Matte black Nitride finish - excellent wear- and corrosion-resistance
- Variety of front dot colors & rear notch configurations to choose from
- Suppressor Height sights also available
- Sold as front/rear pairs only
These are similar in design to the sights above but with a higher build quality. Perfect for those who like a blacked-out rear sight during the day and a less powerful tritium glow on the rear sights at night.
You can choose between yellow or orange for the front sight and tritium or white for the rear sight. You can also choose suppressor height sights if you’re wanting something for suppressor use.
Glock 19X Hybrid Sights
Hybrid sights bring you the best of both worlds and excel during daylight and nighttime shooting. Here are our top 3 picks for hybrid sights for the Glock 19X.
#1 TruGlo TFX Pro Xtreme Tritium/Fiber Optic Sights
The Truglo TFX Pro makes for a superior daytime sight picture with its fiber optic inserts and sports a Tritium front ring for nighttime shooting.
- Fits Glock 17 / 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 38, 39, 45 (will NOT fit Glock M.O.S. models)
- Next-level TFX sight technology for professionals & shooters who demand maximum performance from their handguns;
- Contrasting colored front sight FOCUS-LOCK ring for even faster focus
- Machined and assembled in the USA with quality Swiss tritium for maximum brightness
- TFX hermetically-sealed capsule design provides maximum protection and durability, plus a Fortress Finish provides a permanent protective coating
- Impervious to oils, chemicals, cleaning solvents, and ultra-sonic cleaning processes
They’re a bit larger than most but I love the way they look on my G21 (I use the Trijicon night sights for my bedside G19).
If you’re looking for a suppressor height version of the Truglo TFX Pro, click on the link below:
#2 Meprolight®FT Bullseye™ Fiber/Tritum Based Day & Night Sight
Meprolight has done something truly unique and special with this awesome hybrid fiber optic/ Tritium sight that deletes the rear sight altogether!
- Compatible with All Glock models. The Rear slot filler is for standard size (not Slimline)
- Smallest optical sight in the world, no rear sight is needed (rear dovetail filler is provided). designed to fit standard holster designs with no adjustments.
- Green Bullseye sight picture grants you Intuitive, quick, & accurate target acquisition.
- Perfect solution for users experiencing tired eyes, & astigmatism.
- No batteries, no switches – always ready for action 24/7. Fiber & tritium powered.
- 12 years guarantee Day & Night operation
If you’ve ever been distracted by rear-sight dots and find it hard to pick up the front sight quickly, the Mepro FT Bullseye has the perfect solution… just get rid of it!
With a long front sight tube that incorporates the excellent daylight performance of fiber optic rods and a Tritium ring for night visibility, you’ll wonder why manufacturers haven’t thought of this system sooner.
Some choose to leave the rear sight in place to ensure the most accuracy, but it comes with rear notch filler to smooth out the slide if you want a cleaner look and is compatible with most holsters out there.
Our #3 pick is the Meprolight rear sight version that deletes the front sight if that’s more to your liking. Click on the link below to check it out:
Glock 19X Fiber Optic Sights
Fiber optic sights are extremely good in daylight as Trijicon put to use in its now classic Acog scopes some time ago and are still very capable with enough ambient light. This list contains our favorite fiber optic sight picks for the Glock 19X.
#1 Trijicon Fiber Optic Sight Set
Speaking of Trijicon, what better fiber optic front sight with blacked-out rear sight is there than this?
- WITHSTANDS RIGOROUS SHOOTING, ROUGH HANDLING, AND AGGRESSIVE HOLSTER USE: Using leading-edge fiber technology & Trijicon's legendary rugged metal construction, this fiber sight maximizes retention & durability
- HIGHLY VISIBLE FRONT SIGHT: A bright front post fiber (0.060" diameter) combined with a subdued rear sight promotes the acquisition of front sight & target
- CLEAR, PRECISE SIGHT PICTURE: A thin front post (.110" width) allows for a refined sight picture in a variety of shooting environments and distances and gives a better field of view for longer-range engagements
- ONE-HANDED RETURN MANIPULATION: The steeply hooked front surface of the rear sight assists in emergency one-handed slide manipulations
This is one rugged son of a gun with the highest quality fiber optic rod out there. With a flat shelf on the rear sight, racking one-handed is easy to do and is always a good option to have!
With no distractions from the rear, you can train your focus solely on the bright red fiber rod riding shotgun on the front of your Glock 19X.
If you’re primarily a target shooter, fiber optics is the way to go to get the best sight picture possible- no matter how bright the target is!
#2 Truglo Fiber Optic Brite-Site Set For Glock
If you’re looking for a stellar sight picture for nailing those targets that tend to get lost on those tiny white dots, then this Truglo fully fiber optic set of sights is most likely your best bet.
- High-quality sight systems offer exceptional brightness in a low-profile configuration that won’t hang up in your holster or slow you down.
- CNC machined, steel construction provides superior durability for combat or competition. Dovetailed rear with set screw (except Sure-Sight) & screw-on front sight make the replacement of Glock® factory sights fast & simple.
- All sights, except Sure-Sight, match factory sight height.
- Fiber optic rods produce a brilliant shine in bright & low light conditions without battery power.
- Contrasting green rear & orange front ensure fast sight recognition & alignment.
- The rear sight features two individual fibers for maximum surface area to collect ambient light. Rods are recessed & fully protected in the sight channels to survive the toughest blows and remain hidden from your target.
They really do help you quickly pick up what you’re aiming at and they even work well in low-light conditions under ambient lighting from street lights or flood lamps. They’re also quite affordable compared to most Day/Night sights.
We found a great Glock-specific rear sight pusher to make removing the old sight a breeze below:
Glock 19X Sights FAQs
For those looking for some more answers to all of the most frequently asked questions regarding Glock 19X Sights, we’ve got you covered!
Do Glock Sights Fit All Glocks?
In general, Glock sights are designed to be interchangeable among Glock models of the same size and generation. However, there may be some variations among different models and generations of Glocks that can affect sight compatibility.
For example, the sights on a Glock 17 may not fit a Glock 19, as the two models have different slide widths and may require different sight heights to achieve proper alignment.
It is always recommended to check the compatibility of any aftermarket sight with the specific Glock model and generation that you own to ensure proper fit and function. Additionally, it is recommended to have a trained gunsmith or armorer install any new sights to ensure proper installation and alignment.
It is, however, relatively easy to change the sights on your Glock 19X if you have the proper rear sight pusher tool.
What is The Best Glock Sight For Accuracy?
Hopefully, we’ve given you some great options in this article but choosing the “best” Glock sight for accuracy can be subjective and dependent on various factors, including your shooting needs and preferences, budget, and the type of shooting you plan to do. However, there are a few popular options that are known for their accuracy and quality.
One of the most popular options for accuracy on our list is the Trijicon HD XR Night Sights. These sights feature a high-visibility front sight with a tritium phosphor lamp, allowing for easy target acquisition and precision. The rear sight has a U-shaped notch, which helps to increase accuracy and allows for a faster sight picture. These sights are also durable and long-lasting, making them a great investment.
Another popular option for accuracy is the AmeriGlo Hackathorn sights. These sights feature a high-visibility front sight with a tritium lamp, and the rear sight has a blacked-out U-shaped notch that helps to increase accuracy and focus. These sights are also designed for quick target acquisition, making them a great choice for self-defense and other fast-paced shooting situations.
Other notable options for accuracy that aren’t on our list include the Dawson Precision sights, which are known for their precision and durability, and the Heinie Straight Eight sights, which feature a unique eight-dot design for increased accuracy and faster target acquisition.
Ultimately, the “best” Glock sight for accuracy will depend on your individual needs and preferences, so it’s a good idea to research and compare different options before making a purchase.
Are Fiber Optic Sights Better Than Night Sights?
It depends on your specific needs and preferences.
Fiber optic sights are designed to gather and channel ambient light to create a bright, high-contrast aiming point. They work particularly well in bright daylight conditions and are ideal for fast target acquisition. However, in low light conditions, such as at dawn or dusk, they may not be as effective as night sights.
Night sights, on the other hand, are designed to provide a clear aiming point in low-light conditions. They are often equipped with glowing tritium or other light-emitting materials that allow the shooter to see the sights in the dark. However, in bright daylight conditions, they may not be as visible as fiber optic sights.
Ultimately, the choice between fiber optic and night sights depends on your specific needs and shooting conditions. If you typically shoot in bright daylight conditions, fiber optic sights may be a better choice. If you frequently shoot in low light conditions or in complete darkness, night sights may be a better option. It is also worth noting that some sights are designed to combine the benefits of both fiber optic and night sights, providing a bright aiming point in all lighting conditions.
What Is The Best Color For Fiber Optic Sights?
The best color for fiber optic sights depends on the shooting conditions and your personal preferences. Generally, fiber optic sights are available in three colors: red, green, and yellow.
Red fiber optic sights are often preferred by shooters who have difficulty distinguishing colors, as red appears more distinct and bright to them. Green fiber optic sights are popular among shooters who prefer a more natural color that is easy to see in low-light conditions. Yellow fiber optic sights offer a balance between red and green, providing a bright aiming point that is visible in a wide range of lighting conditions.
Ultimately, the best color for fiber optic sights is the one that works best for you in your shooting environment. Some shooters find that they prefer a different color for front and rear sights, such as red for the front and green for the rear. Experimenting with different colors can help you find the optimal combination for your needs.
Does Tritium Ever Stop Glowing?
Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen that undergoes beta decay, which means it emits beta particles in the form of high-energy electrons. These electrons can excite phosphors, causing them to emit visible light, which is why tritium is commonly used in self-luminous devices such as exit signs, gun sights, and keychains.
Tritium has a half-life of about 12.3 years, which means that after this time, half of the tritium sample will have decayed into helium-3 through beta decay. This decay process will continue until all of the Tritium has decayed, but it will take many half-lives before the amount of tritium remaining becomes negligible.
Therefore, tritium will continue to emit beta particles and cause phosphors to glow for many years, but eventually, it will decay completely and stop glowing. However, it is important to note that tritium is a low-level radioactive substance, and appropriate precautions should be taken when handling it to prevent exposure to harmful radiation.